Nu reaches over 3 million customers in Mexico, promoting financial inclusion in the country
Customers are located in around 80% of the rural municipalities prioritized by the federal government
Sep 26 , 2022
Mexico City, September 26, 2022 – Nu México has reached more than 3 million customers in the country. The company, the number one issuer of new credit cards in the country from October 2021 to June 2022, has a team of more than a thousand people focused on providing its customers with a transparent, clear, and humane financial product and is recognized by its achievements so far in the financial inclusion in the country.
The purple experience is for everyone
- Approximately 46% of Nu Mexico customers declare a monthly income of less than 10 thousand pesos (~USD 500).
- This percentage increases to around 57% among customers who had a credit card before Nu’s.
We have reached every corner of Mexico
- Nu customers are located in about 80% of the rural municipalities prioritized by the federal government.
- Approximately 50% of Nu customers in rural municipalities did not have a card before Nu’s.
La Moradita as a door to financial inclusion
- For about 46% of their customers, Nu’s is their first credit card.
All ages and all genders
- 1 in 3 of Nu’s customers over 65 years old did not have a credit card before the Moradita.
- Almost half of our customers now support their finances with a credit card for the first time.
“Our accelerated growth in Mexico is exceeding all our expectations. It is driven by the constant search to provide a transparent and easy-to-use financial product, the connections we have built with our clients in the country, and efficiency. Nu Mexico is a project for decades to come and we remain firm in our purpose of freeing people from the complexity of financial services in the country” affirms Emilio González, General Director of Nu México.
For media inquiries, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Instituto Nu and Descomplica launch a technology education program that can impact 10,000 socially vulnerable people
Instituto Nu celebrates more than 4,000 vacancies in technology courses and announces entrepreneurship vertical